Green Cell Foam
The future is here now with Green Cell Biodegradable Foam! This eco-friendly product is the only foam manufactured from non-GMO cornstarch without any petrochemical ingredients. As a sustainable foam material, it is is 100% environmentally safe and meets ASTM standards for biodegradability.
Green Cell Foam Advantages
When packaging "green" is important, this remarkable material is the only foam of choice. Advantages of Green Cell foam packaging include:
- Anti-static properties
- Wavy cross section offers excellent impact protection
- Strong insulation capabilities; Resists thermal fluctuation
- Fully biodegradable, water soluble and compostable
- Competitive pricing with 1.7 lb density anti-static polyethelyene
- Ideal for packaging applications due to its light weight and closed cell nature
- Available in 2.3 or 4.8 pounds/cubic foot densities
Green cell foam can be fabricated in many ways including saw cutting or die cutting. You can use a small amount of water to laminate Green Cell foam to itself, other foams, or corrugated products. Due to its water solubility, this material will break down completely if exposed to a large amount of water.
Biodegradable Foam Packaging
One of the most common applications for Green Cell foam is biodegradable packaging. Other uses for Green Cell foam include:
- Box and case inserts
- Food and Pharmaceutical Packaging
- End caps
- Void fill
- ...And many more!
Want to know if Green Cell foam can work for your project? Call 877.243.6262 today to speak to a knowledgeable member of our team. We offer design & engineering services to select the best cutting method for your Green Cell foam project.